Thursday, November 11, 2010

Myrtle Beach

We couldn't go outside into the ocean today, because the weather was expected to be fairly extreme.  It was beautiful on the ICW.   It was warm, sunny and very pleasant.  It was warm enough that I went barefoot on the boat all day.  At one point I took off my shirt to get some sun.  That however, did not last long.

We had to wait on a couple of occasions for bridges to open and once for a tug boat with a 400 foot tow to pass by.

We got into the area of Myrtle Beach and I don't have my golf clubs.  That's fine, I'd rather sail than golf anytime.  We will make an early start tomorrow and see how far we get, keeping an eye on offshore conditions.  Tonight we are located here.



I wanted to post some pictures from the last couple of days.  One is Richard up in the mast,  then there is the lunch Richard made, hotdogs wrapped in Pepperage Farm Crescent Roll Dough.  Lastly is the picture of the swing bridge that we had to pass through at dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment