Monday, November 1, 2010

Last minute prep

Today was a day that I spent in cars. First to pick a few more personal items needed. A stop a West Marine for new flares as the existing ones were expired, a barbecue grill and a waterproof flashlight for the ditch bag. After dropping stuff off at the boat I drove to Philadelphia Intl Airport to pick up Richard. We returned to the boat to stow the new stuff away and discuss what needed to be done that afternoon.

I then drove to Baltimore Washington Airport to return the rental car. Scott, met me at the car drop off and drove me back to the boat. Scott joined Richard and I for an inaugural dark & stormy, approved of the boat and then he headed off.

We have a few things to do tomorrow before we try to make the 9:50 current in the canal. We have to replace 4 slugs on the mainsail and clean and flush the water tanks before departure. While I was returning the car Richard installed the grill and life sling son the back rails and checked out the GPS and VHF.

The weather looks good for the next few days and we push off in 12 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment