Friday, October 29, 2010

36 Hours Before Departure

In thirty six hours, I will get on a plane to Baltimore, where I will start provisioning Playmobil for the trip down the East Coast to bring Playmobil to it's new home in Punta Gorda, FL.  This trip has been long anticipated and I wonder what I have forgotten.

I have lists of lists.  I know that there are things that I have forgotten or purposefully omitted, with the idea that there will be time on the trip to pick additional things up.  I don't want to do too much of that, since that might significantly slow us up.

I am being accompanied by my friend and sailing buddy, Richard Mitchele, who was a shipmate on Donnybrook two years ago.  Donnybrook was a fast Santa Cruz 74 that we raced from Marblehead to Halifax in the 2009 race.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip. I hope we can see you on the way to Florida!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloween's over - are you at sea? Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jay-
    Susan, and I, and Ariadne, wish fair winds, calm seas, and a prosperous voyage to you and Richard.
    All best-
    Ash.

    ReplyDelete